Culture can be identified as one's world view which includes “experiences, expressions, symbols, materials, customs, behaviors, morals, values, attitudes, and beliefs created and communicated among individuals,” and past down from generation as cultural traditions
The Alur are the biggest Nilotic people in the West Nile region mostly concentrated in the districts of Nebbi, Zombo and Pakwach but also having a sizeable presence in Arua. Alur kingdom at Atyak Wi Nam and the Alur royals.
We integrate our awareness on the best cultural practices with the Alur Kingdom. These practices include:
- Religious and spiritual practices.
- Medical treatment practices.
- Forms of artistic expression.
- Dietary preferences and culinary practices.
- Cultural institutions
- Natural resource management.
- Housing and construction.
- Childcare practices.
King Philip Olarker in the centre